Vunani Fund Managers is a boutique fund management business that has been operating since 1999, offering a range of investment products to both institutional and retail clients, including retirement funds, medical schemes, corporates, parastatals and trusts.
Its products have both domestic and global capability, which is offered through both single-asset and multi-asset funds. It also has a team of highly experienced investment professionals whose investment ideas, portfolio construction skills and risk management capabilities enable it to offer world-class investment products to its clients.
The company’s primary objective is to achieve investment returns that exceed the agreed benchmarks set by its clients. In order to achieve this, it recruits and retains talented investment professionals and aims to continuously improve its market share.
With strong capability in the areas of absolute return (CPI + range), specialist bonds, core domestic and global equity, as well as property funds, the investment team focuses on analysing the key drivers of value within each of the companies that the Fund invests in. As the business operates in a highly competitive and constantly changing environment, this approach is an effective means of identifying investment outperformance opportunities and of managing a broad range of risks.
The company is characterised by:
- A clear, well-articulated investment philosophy;
- Well-defined and proven processes;
- A relevant product suite that aims to consistently generate top quartile performance;
- Business stability and trust in the brand;
- A team of experienced investment professionals;
- Operational excellence and good service delivery; and
- Attractive fees.
It is differentiated from its competitors by its:
- Established and stable client base;
- Award-winning fund managers;
- Solid foundation in research;
- Consistent delivery on its brand promise and individual mandates; and
- Recognised service excellence.
Within this context, its strategic plan is to continue to:
- Provide a differentiated approach to managing assets amongst the various product categories;
- Ensure that the investment team continues to provide unrivalled investment performance;
- Aim to deliver top quartile performance through the various investment horizons (one-year, three-year and five-year); and
- Understand the objectives and challenges of its various client segments so that, where possible, it can offer a bespoke service; and
- Ensure that all clients within each client segment are treated fairly.
Vunani Capital owns 65% of Purpose Vunani, a Zimbabwean asset management business registered with the Reserve Bank and Securities Exchange Commission of Zimbabwe.
Purpose Vunani is a top-tier independent asset management company that offers diversified solutions to corporate clients, insurance companies, pension funds and individuals.
Trading since 2005, its key activities include money market portfolio management, stock market portfolio management, investment advisory services, cash management services and outsourced treasury solutions.
Its vision is to exceed every client’s ROI expectations through the focused and continuous pursuit of highly rewarding investment opportunities that deliver superior performance. It also seeks to position itself for further growth within the market in which it operates.
Strategically, Purpose Vunani aims to continue to diversify in order to offer a balanced asset class that includes fixed income securities, property funds, private equity, prescribed assets and treasury bills. It’s robust investment processes are driven by a highly experienced team of investment and corporate finance professionals. The fact that it is backed by a JSE-listed group makes it particularly attractive to its clients.
Phakamani specialises in providing SME finance and enterprise and supplier development solutions.
We have a strong track record in helping the Mining Sector to sustainably and cost effectively invest in black-owned enterprises within their supply chains and the communities in which they operate. We do this by providing and administering working capital and term loans and delivering hands on business and technical support. We assure accountability for results, underpinned by a real track record.
Phakamani operates primarily in the Mining sector and is focused on providing business support and access to finance to mining doorstep communities.
The Phakamani team has extensive knowledge of best practice in enterprise supplier development models, SME Funding and SME incubation programmes. Phakamani is registered with the National Credit Regulator as well as the Financial Services Board.